Time is ticking on the miracle diets, the untested, the untrue. Now you can look at weight loss differently.
Alli™ is the only FDA approved, over-the-counter weight loss product. But it’s more than just a pill.
It’s an innovative weight loss program. The pill works by preventing your body from absorbing some of the fat you eat.
And the program includes an individually tailored, online action plan to help you lose weight safely and gradually.
Alli Is Safe
It works in your digestive system, not in your heart or brain. It will not cause jitters, sleeplessness,
or a racing heart. You can't just try Alli - you have to commit to it. We encourage you to read more and see
if you agree with the statements at the end of this brochure, before you buy Alli. More information can be found
at MyAlli.com. Or, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or dietitian to help determine if you're ready.
How Does Alli Work?
Alli blocks about 25% of the fat you eat. Typically, enzymes in your intestines break down fat from food so
your body can absorb the fat. But, the active ingredient in Alli attaches to some of these enzymes and prevents
them from digesting about a quarter of the fat you eat. Because undigested fat can't be absorbed, it passes out
of your body instead of turning into calories.
What Makes Alli Different?
FDA approval makes Alli different. And the customized plan was designed for use with Alli capsules to give
you the support you need to succeed with weight loss.
With your hard work and Alli, you can lose about 50% more weight than with just dieting alone. That means
if you could lose 10 pounds through dieting, you could lose 15 with Alli.
Refill Pack Contents
- Up to 40 days supply (120 capsules)
- Read Me First Guide: A quick introduction to successful weight loss with the Alli program. Topics include:
Changing behavior, Eating right, Getting Active, Writing it Down.
Active ingredient (in each sealed capsule)
Orlistat 60mg..................… Weight loss aid
For weight loss in overweight adults, 18 years and older, when used along with a reduced calorie and low-fat diet
Organ transplant alert:
Do not use if you have had an organ transplant. Orlistat interferes with the medicines used to prevent transplant rejection.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in orlistat capsules.
Do not use:
- If you are taking cyclosporine
- If you have been diagnosed with problems absorbing food
- If you are not overweight
Ask a doctor before use if you have ever had
- Gallbladder problems
- Kidney stones
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking warfarin (blood thinning medicine), or are taking medicine for diabetes or thyroid disease. Your medication dose may need to be adjusted.
- Taking other weight loss products
When using this product
- Take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime. Orlistat can reduce the absorption of some vitamins.
- Follow a well-balanced, reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Try starting this diet before taking orlistat.
- Orlistat works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes. You may get:
- Gas with oily spotting
- Loose stools
- More frequent stools that may be hard to control
Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of having these bowel changes.
For every 5 pounds you lose from diet alone, orlistat can help you lose 2-3 pounds more. In studies, most people lost 5-10 pounds over 6 months.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Severe or continuous abdominal pain occurs. This may be a sign of a serious medical condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, do not use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Read the enclosed brochure for other important information.
Diet and exercise are the starting points for any weight loss program. Try these first before starting any exercise program.
To see if orlistat capsules are right for you, find your height on the chart.
You may consider starting a weight loss program with orlistat if you weight is the same or more than
the weight shown for your height.
For overweight adults 18 years and older:
- Take 1 capsule with each meal containing fat.
- Do not take more than 3 capsules daily.
Use with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise program until you reach your weight
loss goal. Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months.
If you stop taking orlistat, continue with your diet and exercise program.
If you start to regain weight after you stop taking orlistat, you may need to start taking
orlistat again along with your diet and exercise program.
Take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, when using orlistat.
Store at 20 – 25°C (68 - 77°F).
Protect drug from excessive light, humidity and temperatures over 30°C (86°F).
FD&C blue # 2, edible ink, gelatin, iron oxide, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone,
sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, talc, titanium dioxide.
If you have a question or comments about this product, please call 1-800-671-2554 weekdays or visit www.MyAlli.com.