Loratadine 5 mg ...... Antihistamine
Temporarily relieves itching due to hives (urticaria). This product will not prevent hives or an allergic skin reaction from occuring.
Severe Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- trouble swallowing
- dizziness or loss of consiousness
- swelling of tongue
- swelling in or around mouth
- trouble speaking
- wheezing or problems breathing
These symptoms may be signs of anaphylactic shock. This condition may be life threatening if not treated by a health professional immediately. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may occur when hives first appear or up to a few hours later.
Not Substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for "anaphylaxis" or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
Do not use:
- to prevent hives from any known cause such as: foods, insect stings, medicines, or latex or rubber gloves. This product will not stop hives from occuring. Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do no know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product (loratadine) or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
- hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blistered
- hives do not itch
When using this product do not take more than directed. Taking more than directed may cause drowsiness.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Get medical help right away
- symptoms don't improve after 3 days of treatment
- the hives have laste more than 6 weeks
If pregnant of breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help of contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children 6 years and over:
- 2 TEASPOONFULS daily; do not take more than 2 TEASPOONFULS in 24 hours
Children under 6 years of age:
- Ask a doctor.
Consumers with liver or kidney disease:
- Ask a doctor.
Safety sealed: do not use if imprinted safety seal is torn or missing.
Store at room temperature.
Citric acid, edetate disodium, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sugar, water.
For more information on this product, please call 1-888-974-5279.