These strips provide a fast, convenient way of testing urine for the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid (ketone). This substance when found in the urine provides information on carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
Acetoacetic acid can be found in the urine from diabetics and is more commonly referred to as a "ketone body." Use of Ketostix Reagent Strips can alert you and your doctor or diabetes educator to changes in your condition for which adjustments in your diet and/or medication may be needed. Carefully follow the testing schedule your doctor or educator establishes.
Ketone: 7.1% w/w/ sodium nitroprusside; 92.9% w/w/ buffer.
Glucose: 2.2% w/w glucose oxidase (microbial, 1.3 IU); 1.0% w/w/ peroxidase (horseradish 3300 IU); 8.1% w/w potassium iodide; 69.8% w/w buffer; 18.9% w/w nonreactive ingredients.
- Collect fresh urine specimen in a clean, dry container.
- Remove one strip from bottle and replace cap.
- Dip test area of strip in urine and remove immediately. (Alternatively, wet the test area by passing strip through urine stream).
- Tap edge of strip against container or clean, dry surface to remove excess urine.
- Compare test area to Colour Chart exactly 10 seconds after wetting. Ignore colour changes that occur after 10 seconds.
- Store at temperatures between 59° - 86°F (15° - 30°C) and out of direct sunlight.
- Replace cap immediately and tightly. Do not remove desiccant from bottle.
- Read enclosed directions carefully. Use within 6 months after first opening. Do not use after unopened expiration date.
- Use only if tamper evident seals on this carton are intact.
If you have any questions or comments about this product please call 1-800-348-8100 or visit www.bayerdiabetes.com.