Nicotine polacrilex…...4mg (nicotine)……Stop smoking aid
If pregnant or breast feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
Do not use: if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine-containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- a sodium-restricted diet
- heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication
- stomach ulcer or diabetes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- taking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- mouth, teeth, or jaw problems occur
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose, such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, and rapid heartbeat
When buying this product, you assert that you are at least 18 years of age
If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- before using this product, read the enclosed User’s Guide for complete directions and other important information
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum
- if you smoke less than 25 cigarettes per day, use 2mg nicotine gum
- if you smoke more than 25 cigarettes per day; use according to the following 12 week schedule:
Weeks 1 thru 6
- 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours
Weeks 7 thru 9
- 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours
Weeks 10 and 12
- 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours
- nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes)
- do not eat or drink for 15 minute before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece
- to improve your chances of quitting; use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks
- if you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects
- do not use more than 24 pieces a day
- it is important to complete treatment. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor.
butylated hydroxytoluene, carnauba wax, FD&C blue #2 lake, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6 lake, flavors, glycerin, gum base, sodium carbonate, sorbitol and talc.
Call 1-877-440-7867 8 AM – 8 PM ET, Monday - Friday