What are Contour test strips?
Diabetic test strips are used by people suffering from diabetes to monitor their blood sugar level and manage it accordingly. Bayer’s Contour test strips can be used with a monitoring system to accurately identify blood sugar levels.
How do Bayer Contour test strips work?
The test strip is easy to use. It is made from plastic and is coated with a layer of enzymes. These enzymes can be either glucose oxidase or glucose dehydrogenase. Once a drop of blood is placed on the end of the strip, the strip can be inserted into the monitoring system. The monitoring system will then send electric currents through the strip which will enable it to read the exact sugar level in the blood.
Who should use Bayer test strips?
Individuals with type 1 or 2 diabetes and who take insulin are recommended to check their blood sugar levels at least 3 times a day. On the other hand, individuals who have type 2 diabetes and do not take insulin should consult with their doctor to find out how often they should check their blood sugar levels. Testing sugar levels will allows patients to manage their sugar intake and medication.
Steps to use Contour strips
Make sure you have your strip, lancing device and monitoring system before you draw a drop of blood. Here are the basic steps:
- Wash your hands and dry them well
- Remove the end cap from the lancing device
- Insert the lancet firmly until it comes to a stop
- Press the end-cap firmly against the finger and press the release button
- Stroke your finger around the prick site to form a drop of blood. Make sure you don’t squeeze the puncture site
- Place the strip over the drop of blood that has formed on the puncture site
- The strip will absorb the blood and will display the results on the monitoring machine
Precautions to take
Before using the contour glucose strips, make sure you:
- Do not share the lancing device with any other individual
- Your hands should be washed and dried properly
- Keep the strips in a clean and dry place since humidity, extreme heat, and sunlight can damage the enzymes on the strips
- Do not use the strip if it appears broken
- Do not use the same prick site for another sample of blood
What risks are involved?
Unlike medication, test strips are not for ingestion and have no effect on the body. The only risk that comes with using test strips may be inaccurate results. You can always ask your doctor for help and learn how to accurately use a glucose monitoring system.
Buy Bayer contour strips
It is now possible to order these strips online through HealthWarehouse.com. HealthWarehouse is a leading online pharmacy.
The improved Bayer Ascensia Contour Test Strips make testing blood sugar levels fast, easy and accurate. Contour Test Strips feature a unique flip-top bottle design that opens and closes very easily, making it perfect for users of all ages. The strips stay fresh up to 6 months after opening with the patented bottle design which features a built in desiccant. A window on the strips makes it easy to see when the strip fills with blood.
No Coding Required
These diabetes test strips automatically calibrate the blood glucose meter each time new test strips are used so there is no coding required!
Ensures accurate results every time with fewer steps. Sip-in Sampling ensures the right amount of blood is quickly wicked onto the strip.
Small Sample Size
The Ascensia Contour Test Strips need a small amount of blood for proper blood glucose test results. (0.6 microliters of blood required)
Alternate Test Sites
Alternate Site Testing allows for teston on sites such as the palm, or forearm. Utilizing alternate site testing may reduce pain caused by repetitive testing on the same area.
15 Second Test Results
The test results are ready in merely 15 seconds.
For help with your product, please call the Bayer Easy C.A.R.E. hotline at 1-800-266-1139. Support for meters is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.