For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea and Lice Infestations on Dogs
Imidacloprid (9.1% by weight) and Pyriproxyfen (0.46% by weight)
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS: For external use only. Do not use on puppies under 7 weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
HOW TO OPEN:
1. Being careful not to cut close to the blister cavities, take scissors and cut off one section of the card containing a single tube.
2. Take the separated section, and cut into the blister cavity across the small side, close to the cap of the tube.
3. Peel off the foil, and take out the tube.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tube.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Use only on dogs. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package. See “HOW TO OPEN” section.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. Application method depending on weight:
- For dogs up to 20 lbs.: The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair on the dog’s back, between the shoulder blades, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
- For dogs over 20 lbs.: The dog should be standing for easy application. Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is obtained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on dogs frequently elicits a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of dogs with Advantage II rapidly kills fleas and reduces the incidence of this condition.
Advantage II kills existing fleas on dogs within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae in the dog’s environment are killed following contact with an Advantage II treated pet. Advantage II provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations.
Advantage II kills adult fleas quickly (within 12 hours), inhibits the development of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
Advantage II kills chewing lice that infest dogs and puppies, and prevents further infestations.
Advantage II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Storage and Disposal:
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container.
If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain