- Kills all flea life stages within 12 hours of initial application
- Stops biting fleas in 3-5 minutes
- Kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours
- Works through contact, so fleas don’t have to bite to die
- Kills lice
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats
Imidacloprid (9.1% by weight) and Pyriproxyfen (0.46% by weight)
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS: For external use only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
HOW TO OPEN:
1. Being careful not to cut close to the blister cavities, take scissors and cut off one section of the card containing a single tube.
2. Take the separated section, and cut into the blister cavity across the small side, close to the cap of the tube.
3. Peel off the foil, and take out the tube.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tube.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Use only on cat and kittens. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package. See “HOW TO OPEN” section.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents of the tube directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every fourteen (14) days for kittens or once every seven (7) days for small and large cats. After flea control is obtained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on cats frequently elicits a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of cats with Advantage II rapidly kills fleas and reduces the incidence of this condition.
Advantage II kills existing fleas on cats within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae in the cat's surroundings are killed following contact with an Advantage II treated cat. Advantage II provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations.
Advantage II kills adult fleas quickly (within 12 hours), inhibits the development of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
Advantage II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Storage and Disposal:
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container.
If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain