- Finally. The Purple Pill® is now available nationwide without a prescription for the treatment of frequent heartburn
- #1 DOCTOR PRESCRIBED ACID BLOCKER BRAND*
- 14-Day treatment plan
- Treats frequent heartburn
- Nexium 24HR works by blocking acid at the source, giving you 24 hours of protection from frequent heartburn
- Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn
- Use as directed, may take 1-4 days for full effect
Esomeprazole 22.3mg ... Acid Reducer
HOW NEXIUM® 24HR WORKS
Nexium 24HR is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). Proton pumps are your body’s acid pumps, which are located on the cells that line your stomach. Nexium 24HR works by blocking acid at the pump, giving you 24 hours of protection from frequent heartburn when used as directed. In fact, PPIs like Nexium 24HR are the only FDA-approved medication for over-the-counter treatment of frequent heartburn.
People 18 years and older with frequent heartburn (occurring two or more days a week) can take Nexium 24HR.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to espomeprazole. Do not use if you have:
• trouble or pain swallowing food
• vomiting with blood
• bloody or black stools
• heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
• Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath
• sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
•Frequent chest pains. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
•Heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
•Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
• Unexplained weight loss
• Nausea or vomiting
• Stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
• Warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
• Prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
• Diazepam (anxiety medicine)
• Digoxin (heart medicine)
• Tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
• Prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
• Methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• Your heartburn continues or worsens
• You need to take this product for more than 14 days
• You need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
• You get diarrhea
If pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults 18 years of age and older this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days; it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
14-Day Course of Treatment
• Swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
• Take every day for 14 days
• Do not take more than 1 tablet a day
• Do not chew or crush the tablets
• Do not crush tablets in food
• Do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed); you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months; do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor; children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Hearburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
Read the directions, warnings and package insert before use • keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information. • store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) • keep product out of high heat and humidity • protect product from moisture
* Based on IMS Health data: total NEXIUM® prescriptions 2006-2013.