- Relieves chest congestion
- Thins and loosens mucus for 12 hours
- 20 extended-release bi-layer tablets
- Unique bi-layer tablets contain an immediate-release layer and an extended-release layer
Active Ingredients (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)
Guaifenesin 600 mg .................................. Expectorant
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
Do not use:
for children under 12 years of age.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus).
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- Take with a full glass of water
- This product can be administered without regard for timing of meals
adults and children 12 years and older:
- 1 or 2 TABLETS every 12 HOURS. Do not exceed 4 TABLETS in 24 HOURS.
children under 12 years of age:
- do not use
Tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if seal on bottle printed “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” is broken or missing.
Store between 20° and 25°C (68° and 77°F).
Carbomer 934P, NF; FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF.
For help with this product, please call 1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) or visit their Web site: www.mucinex.com.