May reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. Effective in treating occasional constipation and restoring regularity.
Put 1 dose into an empty glass. Fill glass with at least 8 oz of water or your favorite beverage. Stir briskly and drink promptly. If mixture thickens, add more liquid and stir. MIX THIS PRODUCT (CHILD OR ADULT DOSE) WITH AT LEAST 8 OUNCES (A FULL GLASS) OF WATER OR OTHER LIQUID. TAKING THIS PRODUCT WITHOUT ENOUGH LIQUID MAY CAUSE CHOKING. AS A DIETARY SUPPLEMENT: Adults 12 years & older: 1 rounded TEASPOON in 8 oz of liquid 3 times daily. Children under 12 years: Consult a doctor. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing. AS A FIBER LAXATIVE: Adults 12 years & older: 1 rounded TEASPOON IN 8 oz of liquid at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours. 6-11 yrs.: 1/2 adult dose in 8 oz of liquid, up to 3 times daily. Under 6 yrs: Consult a doctor.
Per Rounded Teaspoon (5.8 g): Sodium 5 mg; Total Carb. 12 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g; Soluble Fiber 2 g; Sugars 9); Calcium 7 mg; Iron 1 mg
Sucrose; Psyllium Husk; Citric Acid; Natural and Artificial Orange Flavor; FD&C Yellow #6
Before using this product, consult a doctor if you: have a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks; have abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or rectal bleeding; are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program. Keep out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately. TAKING THIS PRODUCT WITHOUT ADEQUATE FLUID MAY CAUSE IT TO SWELL AND BLOCK YOUR THROAT OR ESOPHAGUS AND MAY CAUSE CHOKING. DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY IN SWALLOWING. IF YOU EXPERIENCE CHEST PAIN, VOMITING OR DIFFICULTY IN SWALLOWING OR BREATHING AFTER TAKING THIS PRODUCT, SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION. May cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium. AS A FIBER LAXATIVE: IF CONSTIPATION PERSISTS BEYOND 7 DAYS, CONSULT A DOCTOR AS IT MAY BE A SIGN OF A MORE SERIOUS CONDITION.