Guaifenesin 100 mg………. Expectorant
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide………. Cough Suppressant
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive.
- Temporarily relieves coughs due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-your period.
|Adults and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoonfuls every 4 hours|
|Children 6 years to under 12 years||1 teaspoonfuls every 4 hours|
|Children 2 years to under 6 years||1/2 teaspoonful every 4 hours|
|Under 2 years||ask a doctor|
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or a pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Store at 20-25°C (68˚-77°F)
- Alcohol free
- Packaged with tamper evident seal around cap
- Sodium content 4 mg/5 mL
- *Robitussin® is a registered trademark of Wyeth Consumer Healthcare.
Citric acid, FD&C Red No. 40, flavoring, glycerin, menthol, purified water, sodium benzoate, and sodium citrate, sodium saccharin and sucrose.