EQVALAN® (ivermectin) Paste, Professional Parasite Control for horses, provides the broadest spectrum of control available against equine parasites. EQVALAN® is safe enough that it can be used in horses of all ages, including mares at any stage of pregnancy. Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility.
EQVALAN® is made to exacting standards by Merial, the company that discovered and developed ivermectin. Independent studies conducted over that last 20 years have demonstrated that resistance has not developed to EQVALAN® and that EQVALAN® Paste remain fully effective. No other equine deworming product can make that claim.
EQVALAN® provides effective control of the following parasites or parasitic conditions in horses:
- Large Strongyles - adults and arterial larval stages of Strongylus vulgaris, adults and tissue stages of S. edentatus, adults of S. equinus and Triodontophorus spp
- Small Strongyles - including those resistant to some benzimidazole class compounds (adults and fourth-stage larvae) - Cyathostomum spp, Cylicocyclus spp, Cylicostephanus spp, Cylicodontophorus spp
- Pinworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae) - Oxyuris equi
- Ascarids (adult and third- and fourth-stage larvae) - Parascaris equorum
- Hairworms (adults) - Trichostrongylus axei
- Large-mouth Stomach Worms (adults) - Habronema muscae
- Bots (oral and gastric stages) - Gastrophilus spp
- Lungworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae) - Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
- Intestinal Threadworms (adults) Strongyloides westeri
EQVALAN® also provides unsurpassed protection against:
- Summer Sores: caused by Habronema and Draschia spp cutaneous third-stage larvae
- Dermatitis: caused by neck threadworm microfilariae. Onchocerca sp