Nicotine polacrilex (equal to 2mg nicotine)........Stop smoking aid
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use thtis on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- a sodium-restricted diet
- heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.
- high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure.
- stomach ulcer or diabetes
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug
- taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- mouth, teeth, or jaw problems occur
- irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur
- you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeat
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Nicotine lozenges may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use
- before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information
- stop smoking completely when you begin using the lozenge
- if you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use 4mg nicotine lozenge
- if you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2mg nicotine lozenge according to the following 12 week schedule:
|Weeks 1 to 6||Weeks 7 to 9||Weeks 10 to 12|
|1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours||1 lozenge every 2 to 4 hours||1 lozenge every 4 to 8 hours|
- nicotine lozenge is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results
- place the lozenge in your mouth and allow the lozenge to slowly dissolve (about 20-30 minutes). Minimize swallowing. Do not chew or swallow lozenge.
- you may feel a warm or tingling sensation
- occasionally move the lozenge from one side of your mouth to the other until completely dissolved (about 20-30 minutes)
- do not eat or drink 15 minutes before using or while the lozenge is in your mouth
- to improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 lozenges per day for the first 6 weeks
- do no use more than one lozenge at a time or continuously use one lozenge after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects
- do not use more than 5 lozenges in 6 hours. Do not use more than 20 lozenges per day.
- stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine lozenges, talk to your doctor.
- Each lozenge contains: sodium, 18mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 3.4 mg per lozenge
- store at 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)
- protect from light
Do not use if individual blisters or printed backings are broken, open, or torn.
Aspartame, calcium polycarbophil, flavor, magnesium stearate, mannitol, potassium carbonate, sodium alginate, sodium carbonate, xanthan gum.
If you have a question or comments about this product, please call 1-888-569-1743 or visit www.commitlozenge.com.