- For insulin syringes, pen needles, and lancets
- Leak-resistant, puncture-resistant
- Snap lock lid
- Can hold 70-100 insulin syringes or up to 300 pen needles
1 BD Home Sharps Container
To discard used insulin syringes and lancets:
- Drop used insulin syringes and lancets needle-first into opening closest to edge.
To remove and discard used pen needles:
- Do not reshield the needle.
- Carefully insert pen tip into center opening at a 45-degree angle and push firmly until pen stops.
- Rotate pen to the left several times while applying continuous forward pressure to loosen pen needle.
- Needle will fall into container after pen is removed.
- If pen needle gets caught in opening, use pen to push it into the container. Do not use your fingers or hands.
- DO NOT OVERFILL. SEAL CONTAINER WITH PERMANENT LOCKING LID WHEN FULL.
- Discard properly. Follow local trash ordinances where applicable.
- Keep container out of reach of children.
If disposing of pen needles for someone else, please use a mounting bracket. You can recieve this free of charge, by calling BD at 1.888.BDCARES (1.888.232.2797). If mounting bracket to a wall make sure instruction label can be seen.
For help with your product, please call the BD Customer Service Help Line at 1.888.BDCARES (1.888.232.2737), Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, Eastern Time. You can also reach BD Customer Service with customer feedback at https://forms.bd.com/diabetes/pc209/index.sp.