- Compare to the active ingredient in Imodium A-D®*
- Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
- Loperamide Hydrochloride USP 2 mg
- 24 Caplets
Loperamide HCI 2 mg………....….. Anti-diarrheal
Controls the symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCI.
Do not use if you have bloody or black stool.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- high fever (greater than 101°F)
- mucus present in your stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking antibiotics.
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- symptoms get worse
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration, which may accompany diarrhea.
Find right dose on chart, if possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
|Adults and children 12 years & older||2 CAPLETS after the first loose stool; 1 CAPLET after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 CAPLETS in 24 HOURS.|
|Children 9 to 11 years (60–95 lbs)||1 CAPLET after the first loose stool; ½ CAPLET after eqch subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 CAPLETS in 24 HOURS.|
|Children 6 to 8 years (48–59 lbs)||1 CAPLET after the first loose stool; ½ CAPLET after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 CAPLETS in 24 HOURS.|
| Children under 6 years
(up to 47 lbs)
|Ask a doctor|
- Store at room temperature 15°-25°C (59°-77°F)
- Do not use if sealed blisters are torn or broken
* This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil-PPC, Inc., Distributor of Imodium® A-D. Imodium® is a registered trademark of Johnson & Johnson.
Anhydrous lactose, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, hydrogenated vegetable oil, magnesium sterate, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch
For more information on this product, please call 1-877-OHM-LABS.